One of the most overlooked perks of staying at The NASWA Resort in Laconia, New Hampshire, is our proximity to the White Mountain National Forest. Situated just outside the northernmost reaches of the central plateau, the White Mountains National Forest is home to a dense hardwood forest, sparkling waterways, seemingly endless outdoor recreational opportunities. As much as we gush about our guests finding plenty of entertaining on-site activities at The NASWA, we also encourage people to get out and explore New Hampshire and everything our beautiful state has to offer.
New Hampshire Summer Vacations with The NASWA Resort
Whether you prefer lounging at the beach or heading out on new adventures, The NASWA Resort is the ultimate destination for couples, friends, and families. No matter how you decide to spend your time this summer, you can take advantage of The NASWA’s ideal location. With such a wide range of lodging options, delectable cuisine, and exciting events, it’s not surprising that so many choose The NASWA as their preferred summer destination. When visiting the White Mountains National Forest, you’ll have a chance to see the picturesque New Hampshire backcountry with its rolling hills and captivating views with access to the Appalachian National Scenic Trail.
5 Things to Do at White Mountains National Forest
Chock-full of geological landmarks, natural attractions, and flourishing fauna, you’ll undoubtedly want to make sure you have your camera on hand when traveling to the White Mountains National Forest. The most difficult part of any New Hampshire summer vacation is deciding what to do! Here are some of the most prominent activities you may find interesting:
- Hiking in the White Mountains is arguably the most recognized outdoor activity in our beloved region. There are several access points on the southern portion of the forest, accessible via highways 93, 25, and 3.
- Mountain biking is a more fast-paced way to explore your scenic surroundings. Mountain biking is available on several trails and service roads found throughout the forest.
- Picnicking is an excellent way to enjoy a meal while immersing yourself in a rustic environment. Pack a cooler and hit the road!
- Fishing is a wonderful bonding activity for friends and family alike!
- Wildlife viewing is a fun way to engage youngsters while instilling them with an appreciation for nature.
New Hampshire Lake Resorts and Summer Vacation Rentals
Having a few options to choose from is an essential factor to consider when planning your summer vacation itinerary. We know that you’ll be spending most of your time at The NASWA, but it doesn’t hurt to know that White Mountains National Forest is just a short day trip away. Furthermore, after a day of hiking, biking, and exploring in the woods, you’ll want a nice, comfortable place with modern amenities for relaxation. To learn more about the New Hampshire Lakes Region’s premier family resort or make a reservation, please visit us online or call 888-55-NASWA.