In December, we shared a blog with an overview of things to do in Laconia, New Hampshire, this summer. Now that we’re inching closer to the sunny season, we think it would be fitting to provide something more specific. New Hampshire summer vacations—especially in the Lakes Region—are known to offer a little bit of something for everyone. Whether it’s a boat party in Paugus Bay or hiking the rugged trails throughout the White Mountains, there seems to be an endless supply of fun around every corner. As such, The NASWA Resort on Lake Winnipesaukee is preparing to meet the needs of friends and families who have been itching to enjoy fabulous weather and a bevy of local attractions and events.
New Hampshire Summer Events near Lake Winnipesaukee
One of the fascinating aspects of the New Hampshire Lakes Region is the seemingly limitless possibilities for fun in the sun! Local celebrations and events play a significant role in providing a whole gamut of entertainment. Here are some of our favorites at The NASWA:
- Memorial Day Weekend is when we honor the lives of those who have made the ultimate sacrifice to serve our country. With live music, beautiful scenery, and food galore, what better way to kick off another New Hampshire summer?
- NASWA’s 86th Anniversary is a holiday in Laconia when we celebrate another year of unrivaled hospitality. Our ideal location will generously lend itself to a detailed itinerary for anyone traveling in the White Mountains. We’ll follow the weekend up with NASWA Day on June 29.
- 4th of July w/ Sam Adams is a birthday bash for America sponsored by Sam Adams Brewery. Throughout the day, we’ll have plenty of giveaways, games, and contests followed by the Weirs Beach fireworks demonstration witnessed from The NASWA. Celebrate Your Independence with Sam Adams July 1-4!
- Easter Seals Poker Run, presented by HK Powersports, has various routes and pick-up locations for boaters, bikers, drivers, kayakers, and more to grab poker chips to turn in at the end of the event. This year we’ll celebrate the 20th Anniversary and have raised over $1.3 million dollars for Easter Seals of NH. Family fun while doing good for the community!
- Parrothead Weekend is proof there is a Margaritaville on Lake Winnipesaukee. Live music, great food, and of course, cocktails will take your cares away at the end of July.
- 80’s Weekend brings us back to a simpler time characterized by big hair, radical tunes, and vegging out after a totally tubular shindig and 80’s costume contest.
- Reggae Fest be jammin’ mon as we transform Laconia into “Little Kingston!” Celebrate everything reggae with live music and Jamaica-inspired cocktails.
- Nazville Country Weekend is the perfect time to practice your best do ce do and line dancing. It’s not every day you get to see a cowboy in sandals!
Peter Makris Memorial Run & Laconia Motorcycle Week
The 15th Annual Peter Makris Memorial Run and Laconia Motorcycle Week are such staples that we had to provide a separate section. The Peter Makris Memorial Run serves as the official kick-off day for Bike Week to commemorate community leader, biker, boater Peter Makris and his dedication to various important causes, like Laconia FD’s Life Saving Fund. Furthermore, The NASWA Resort will serve as Laconia Motorcycle Week’s Official Hotel. In our Patriarch’s memory, we have raised over $475,000 for the Laconia FD Life Saving Fund and Veterans Count. All in all, Bike Week is a momentous occasion for NASWA and the Lakes Region, and we hope you’ll be there!
The Best Lake Resort for a New Hampshire Summer Vacation
In addition to the various events at The NASWA Resort, the Lakes Region has a bevy of entertainment and attractions available for your enjoyment. New Hampshire summer vacations are always a bit more extravagant on Lake Winnipesaukee, and we’d like to show you why! For more information or to make reservations, please contact us online or call 888-55-NASWA.