Soak in the Sunshine with a Picnic in the Park
Since 1935, countless visitors have packed their bags and headed to The NASWA Resort for a relaxing but memorable getaway. Situated on the shores of Lake Winnipesaukee, this New Hampshire resort is not only home to great on-site activities but also puts you near some of the best attractions in the area. If you’re looking for something laid-back to do, pack up your blanket and basket, and head out for a picnic in the park.
The 5 Best New Hampshire Parks for a Picnic
Before setting off on your picnic adventure, you need to create your perfect basket. Stop by NazBar & Grill to place a to-go order or put together your own delicious meal. Once your basket is filled with goodies, grab a cozy blanket from your rental and set off for a relaxing adventure.
Plenty of parks near our Lake Winnipesaukee resort have ample green space for you to kick back and relax on.
- Weirs Community Park, less than a mile away, is one of the best hidden gems of the Laconia Weirs Beach area. This park features miles of walking trails and a phenomenal playground, perfect for your kids to burn off some energy.
- Found off Parade Road is Waukewan Highlands Community Park. Take in stunning views by spreading your blanket out by Hart’s Pond. After you’re done eating, wander the interpretive trail.
- If you’re looking for a quintessential neighborhood park, head to Tardiff Park. The wooded field at this park is an ideal spot for your picnic. Bring a soccer ball or kite to play with, or you can shoot some hoops on the basketball court.
- Picnic in the shadow of the oldest public monument in New England by heading to Endicott Rock Historic Site. This park is found on the shores of Lake Winnipesaukee in the Weirs Beach Village.
- Perhaps one of the most scenic parks for a picnic is Clough Park/Scenic Park in nearby Meredith. Overlooking Meredith Bay, this waterfront spot features several incredible picnic areas and walkways to explore when you’re done.
Reserve Your Scenic New Hampshire Getaway
No matter where your adventures take you, from a picnic in the park to a local state park, rest easy knowing you have a cozy place to call home. By booking your stay at The NASWA Resort, you are treating yourself to a quintessential lakefront resort experience.
This family-friendly resort features a range of lodging options, including cottages and suites, that can accommodate groups of all sizes. The NASWA Resort also features a range of on-site amenities and activities, including dining options, dock space, and more. When you’re ready to start planning your next visit, check availability online and book your stay with the click of a button.