One of the most overlooked perks of staying at The NASWA Resort in Laconia, New Hampshire, is our proximity to the White Mountain National Forest. Situated just outside the northernmost reaches of the central plateau, the White Mountains National Forest is home to a dense hardwood forest, sparkling waterways, seemingly endless outdoor recreational opportunities. As much as we gush about our guests finding plenty of entertaining on-site activities at The NASWA, we also encourage people to get out and explore New Hampshire and everything our beautiful state has to offer.
New Hampshire Summer Vacations with The NASWA Resort
Whether you prefer lounging at the beach or heading out on new adventures, The NASWA Resort is the ultimate destination for couples, friends, and families. No matter how you decide to spend your time this summer, you can take advantage of The NASWA’s ideal location. With such a wide range of lodging options, delectable cuisine, and exciting events, it’s not surprising that so many choose The NASWA as their preferred summer destination. When visiting the White Mountains National Forest, you’ll have a chance to see the picturesque New Hampshire backcountry with its rolling hills and captivating views with access to the Appalachian National Scenic Trail.
5 Things to Do at White Mountains National Forest
Chock-full of geological landmarks, natural attractions, and flourishing fauna, you’ll undoubtedly want to make sure you have your camera on hand when traveling to the White Mountains National Forest. The most difficult part of any New Hampshire summer vacation is deciding what to do! Here are some of the most prominent activities you may find interesting:
- Hiking in the White Mountains is arguably the most recognized outdoor activity in our beloved region. There are several access points on the southern portion of the forest, accessible via highways 93, 25, and 3.
- Mountain biking is a more fast-paced way to explore your scenic surroundings. Mountain biking is available on several trails and service roads found throughout the forest.
- Picnicking is an excellent way to enjoy a meal while immersing yourself in a rustic environment. Pack a cooler and hit the road!
- Fishing is a wonderful bonding activity for friends and family alike!
- Wildlife viewing is a fun way to engage youngsters while instilling them with an appreciation for nature.
New Hampshire Lake Resorts and Summer Vacation Rentals
Having a few options to choose from is an essential factor to consider when planning your summer vacation itinerary. We know that you’ll be spending most of your time at The NASWA, but it doesn’t hurt to know that White Mountains National Forest is just a short day trip away. Furthermore, after a day of hiking, biking, and exploring in the woods, you’ll want a nice, comfortable place with modern amenities for relaxation. To learn more about the New Hampshire Lakes Region’s premier family resort or make a reservation, please visit us online or call 888-55-NASWA.
In December, we shared a blog with an overview of things to do in Laconia, New Hampshire, this summer. Now that we’re inching closer to the sunny season, we think it would be fitting to provide something more specific. New Hampshire summer vacations—especially in the Lakes Region—are known to offer a little bit of something for everyone. Whether it’s a boat party in Paugus Bay or hiking the rugged trails throughout the White Mountains, there seems to be an endless supply of fun around every corner. As such, The NASWA Resort on Lake Winnipesaukee is preparing to meet the needs of friends and families who have been itching to enjoy fabulous weather and a bevy of local attractions and events.
New Hampshire Summer Events near Lake Winnipesaukee
One of the fascinating aspects of the New Hampshire Lakes Region is the seemingly limitless possibilities for fun in the sun! Local celebrations and events play a significant role in providing a whole gamut of entertainment. Here are some of our favorites at The NASWA:
- Memorial Day Weekend is when we honor the lives of those who have made the ultimate sacrifice to serve our country. With live music, beautiful scenery, and food galore, what better way to kick off another New Hampshire summer?
- NASWA’s 86th Anniversary is a holiday in Laconia when we celebrate another year of unrivaled hospitality. Our ideal location will generously lend itself to a detailed itinerary for anyone traveling in the White Mountains. We’ll follow the weekend up with NASWA Day on June 29.
- 4th of July w/ Sam Adams is a birthday bash for America sponsored by Sam Adams Brewery. Throughout the day, we’ll have plenty of giveaways, games, and contests followed by the Weirs Beach fireworks demonstration witnessed from The NASWA. Celebrate Your Independence with Sam Adams July 1-4!
- Easter Seals Poker Run, presented by HK Powersports, has various routes and pick-up locations for boaters, bikers, drivers, kayakers, and more to grab poker chips to turn in at the end of the event. This year we’ll celebrate the 20th Anniversary and have raised over $1.3 million dollars for Easter Seals of NH. Family fun while doing good for the community!
- Parrothead Weekend is proof there is a Margaritaville on Lake Winnipesaukee. Live music, great food, and of course, cocktails will take your cares away at the end of July.
- 80’s Weekend brings us back to a simpler time characterized by big hair, radical tunes, and vegging out after a totally tubular shindig and 80’s costume contest.
- Reggae Fest be jammin’ mon as we transform Laconia into “Little Kingston!” Celebrate everything reggae with live music and Jamaica-inspired cocktails.
- Nazville Country Weekend is the perfect time to practice your best do ce do and line dancing. It’s not every day you get to see a cowboy in sandals!
Peter Makris Memorial Run & Laconia Motorcycle Week
The 15th Annual Peter Makris Memorial Run and Laconia Motorcycle Week are such staples that we had to provide a separate section. The Peter Makris Memorial Run serves as the official kick-off day for Bike Week to commemorate community leader, biker, boater Peter Makris and his dedication to various important causes, like Laconia FD’s Life Saving Fund. Furthermore, The NASWA Resort will serve as Laconia Motorcycle Week’s Official Hotel. In our Patriarch’s memory, we have raised over $475,000 for the Laconia FD Life Saving Fund and Veterans Count. All in all, Bike Week is a momentous occasion for NASWA and the Lakes Region, and we hope you’ll be there!
The Best Lake Resort for a New Hampshire Summer Vacation
In addition to the various events at The NASWA Resort, the Lakes Region has a bevy of entertainment and attractions available for your enjoyment. New Hampshire summer vacations are always a bit more extravagant on Lake Winnipesaukee, and we’d like to show you why! For more information or to make reservations, please contact us online or call 888-55-NASWA.
Taking a trip to New Hampshire’s Lakes Region is something that every family should consider, especially if they love the outdoors. With its sparkling lakes and emerald green forests, our little slice of paradise offers an enticing chance to make lasting memories while engaging in a bevy of recreational activities. It’s easy to understand why so many people wait until the last minute to finalize their travel packing list with so much to do. Although The NASWA Resort is closed for the winter season doesn’t mean you can’t begin the planning process! To help make the most of your Lake Winnipesaukee vacation, we came up with three things you’ll want on your travel packing list and why.
Travel Packing List for the New Hampshire Lakes Region
Planning the perfect family summer vacation can take some work, but you’ll be glad you did when everything you need is easily accessible. Creating a travel packing list will give you unrestricted access to your essentials and help determine what you’ll need to leave behind or purchase when you get to Laconia. Even though our New Hampshire family resort has a wide assortment of amenities, there are still items you’ll want to add to your checklist.
A Variety of Clothing
Most people visit the Lakes Region during the summer months, likely because there are so many outdoor recreation opportunities. However, the clothes you would wear hiking won’t be adequate for cruising around on the boat in Paugus Bay, and as such, having a wide range of clothing available is crucial.
UV and Heat Protection
Sunscreen does a great job protecting your skin against UV radiation, but sunglasses, hats, and shawls are an excellent way to supplement SPFs. Sunscreen will prevent your skin from getting burned, and additional clothing will reduce your chances of coming down with heat exhaustion. Also, sunglasses will keep you from squinting, which can lead to headaches. It’s never a bad idea to bring a bottle of aloe vera if you get a minor sunburn.
Although there aren’t a bunch of bugs at the resort, you may want to bring a canister of insect repellent in case you’d like to do some rural hiking. Gnats, mosquitos, and flies all have their purpose, but you shouldn’t have to be annoyed by them! Be sure to include at least one bottle of bug spray on your travel packing list.
Lake Winnipesaukee Cabins in Laconia, New Hampshire
We know we’re not the only New Hampshire family resort to choose from; that’s why we’re committed to standing out from the crowd by giving you an unforgettable vacation every summer. The most rewarding aspect of Lake Winnipesaukee is the ease at which it removes visitors from the hustle and bustle of life. One more item we suggest you bring is a smile for all the laughs you’ll be having at The NASWA! For more information or to book a reservation, please visit us online or call 888-55-NASWA.
In our previous blog post, we went over five reasons to book your summer vacation early. Sticking with that theme, NASWA Resort wants to continue helping you plan by giving some ideas on things to do in Laconia, NH, during the sunny seasons. Not only are there local events and attractions to explore, but NASWA Resort also has a gamut of on-site activities and amenities that will surely keep you and your family busy during your New Hampshire summer vacation. For nearly a century, Lake Winnipesaukee has graciously provided countless memories and generations of family fun, so we’d like to invite you to become part of the ongoing history. From day trips around the Lakes Region to relaxing on the beach, here are a few of our favorite things to do in Laconia, NH.
5 Fun Things to Do in Laconia, NH
There is such a broad range of fun things to do in Laconia, NH, and our Lake Winnipesaukee resort. It’s never a bad idea to know what all your options are so you can quickly pivot to something else if you cannot carry out your original plan. What’s more, having kids in tow or traveling with another group will further elevate the importance of alternate possibilities. Making sure you have secondary and tertiary choices not only allows you to transition to another activity seamlessly; it gives you ideas for the next New Hampshire summer vacation! Without further ado, here are five fun things to do in Laconia, NH, for a summer getaway.
- Stroll along or hang out at the longest private beach on Lake Winnipesaukee. Here’s a fun idea: challenge the kids to a sandcastle building contest.
- Reserve a kayak or paddleboard for a tour of the Paugus Bay
- Laconia Motorcycle Week is the world’s oldest motorcycle rally and is one of the Lake Region’s summer staples.
- Weirs Beach Jet Ski Rentals offers an adrenaline-fueled way to cruise the lake on a hot summer day.
- Discover timeless wonder for children and adults alike at Polar Caves, a family-friendly cave exploration adventure that combines fun and education.
The Best New Hampshire Lake Rentals
Whether you plan on spending most of your time at the resort or exploring the Lakes Region, there are plenty of things to do in Laconia, NH, to keep you and your family busy. With a generous assortment of seasonal specials, the decision to choose NASWA Resort only gets easier! For more information or to book your New Hampshire summer vacation, please visit us online or call 888-55-NASWA.