Although the NASWA Resort is closed for the off-season, now is the perfect time to start planning your next summer vacation! If you’ve ever been to the New Hampshire Lakes Region, you know there are tons of things to do in Laconia. Still, not everyone has had the opportunity to visit our beloved lakeside community. Therefore, we’d like to share a few quintessential events, activities, and other things to do that are sure to enhance your summer experience.
Fun for All Ages in Laconia, New Hampshire
Laconia is an ideal family travel destination thanks to the many attractions and activities for all ages. Perfectly placed in the heart of the Lakes Region, Lake Winnipesaukee is an attraction all its own. Besides boating, water sports, and hanging out on the beach, there are seemingly endless ways to spend your time at The NASWA Resort and beyond. And even if you have thoroughly planned your vacation, it always helps to have a few options in your back pocket!
- If you or anyone in your group is interested in history and how things were made in the olden days, a tour of Belknap Mill, the nation’s oldest unrestored brick textile mill, is a worthy consideration.
- Take a cruise around Lake Winnipesaukee with Mount Washington Cruises and enjoy a selection of narrated scenic tours, sunset dinner cruises, Sunday brunch, or a cocktail cruise.
- Ahern State Park is an excellent place to enjoy nature and Winnipesaukee’s “little sister,” Lake Winnisquam.
- The Laconia Lakeside Craft Fair is a must-stop for anyone who appreciates handmade artwork and other goods.
- Rail Bike Adventures offers a unique way to enjoy the countryside.
- The iconic Weirs Drive-In Theatre is one of the nation’s last drive-ins and is perfect for a warm summer night when you just want to watch a good movie.
- Laconia Motorcycle Week is a Lake’s Region staple, and it all kicks off at The NASWA with the Peter Makris Memorial Run!
The NASWA: Not Your Typical Lake Winnipesaukee Hotel
For decades, The NASWA Resort has played host to generations of families hoping to make the most of their summer. And while we always go above and beyond to provide excellent onsite amenities, accommodations, and activities, the impressive array of things to do in Laconia can’t be overstated. To learn more about our award-winning family getaway spot, please reach out online or call 888-55-NASWA!