Explore Fall Foliage in New Hampshire
When the nights grow cool and the days are warm, Lake Winnipesaukee’s leaves morph into a festival of colors. People from all over the world flock to see the fall foliage in New Hampshire that never disappoints. To say the least, the amber Sugar Maples, cranberry Red Maples, golden yellow birches, and copper leafed oaks put on quite the show. Peak color season changes per location based on temperature and elevation; Usually, fall foliage appears in mid-September and lasts through late October. Naswa Resort is located by the best scenic spots in all of New Hampshire. We’ve narrowed down the choices to our top five places around Lake Winnipesaukee.
- Guests visiting from out of town especially love to experience New Hampshire’s fall foliage by boat. Whether you find a boat rental or take a guided cruise on the M/S Mount Washington, you’ll see the same amount of fall foliage. There are many boat rental facilities around Lake Winnipesaukee, so you’ll have no problem finding the boat you need.
- Gunstock Mountain also has an impressive nature palette. You can travel to the mountain’s summit by hiking or riding a chairlift. The trek to the top of the hill is well worth the hassle; the beautiful leaves and picturesque views cannot be found anywhere else. Be sure to take pictures!
- Guests of all ages will love the Winnipesaukee Scenic Railroad. Hop on the train and ride along the coast of Lake Winnipesaukee. You’ll catch different views of the fall foliage than you would from a boat or a mountain. Opt for a quick afternoon ride or an all-day tour. The train even offers a dinner trip, which would be a great date night!
- For our more adventurous visitors, you’ll love to take a hike through Belknap Mountain. The easy walk is excellent for gaining an elevated view of the fall foliage. After reaching the summit, take a rest on the stone benches while taking in the scenery.
- Another popular hike for fall foliage is at Mount Major in Alton Bay. This hike is on the challenging side, so be sure to review the mountain’s terrain before attempting this journey. If you’re able to do the climb, the views of Lake Winnipesaukee are second to none.
Seeing the fall foliage in New Hampshire is an unforgettable experience. Especially because Lake Winnipesaukee’s region has one of the longest-lasting color displays around. Enjoy the breathtaking scenery during your stay with Naswa Resort. Our luxurious amenities will make you and your loved ones feel right at home. To learn more about booking your fall vacation, visit our website, or give us a call at 603-366-4341.